Fall 2011 Lust & Must…
Hiya Fashionista’s, I finally got around to sharing with you guys my “Fall Lust & Must Have” list. Before I get started I want to make mention of today’s EBEW blogger link-up (Colored Pants) — I did participate but used a picture from a previous post, so be sure to check out the other fashion blog participants here! Today’s featured image is from the highly anticipated Missoni for Target which was made available today. If you’ve been keeping up with fashion mags you’ve seen the ads for Missoni which includes everything from clothes to houseware. It’s been reported that Target.com has crashed thanks to the debut of one of it’s hottest fall lines! Wowsers! Now, on to the list…”THE LUST HAVES”!
Sooooo, if you’re a regular follower of my blog or perhaps have read the “About” page, you are already aware that Re-Tell Therapy is strictly about budget buys and fashion finds purchased for less than the original price. Now, I do splurge on items that I have my heart set on as well items I may think are worth the extra dough but mainly I’m lusting! So my fall lust list is pretty small and it may very well change by Christmas BUT you get the point!
1. Tory Burch Selma Riding Boot — Luscious leather, equestrian look
2. Isabel Marant (platform) Sneaker — Though this premiered in Spring, it would look great for Fall!
3. Burberry Prorsum Bag in Olive — Very mod & chic falls right in line with the Fall 2011 trends
And now on to my “MUST HAVES”, the Fall 2011 trend includes alot of what we’ve already seen as well as trends carried over from the previous season. Color Blocking will stay with us so don’t be surprised if you see the brightly blocked colors of summer being traded in for “burnt” hues that are just as rich and deep (purple, green, red, orange and mustard yellow). The 70’s fashion is in full effect! Flare legged, Bell bottoms, Wide legged and High-waisted denim and slacks are in the line up and will NOT take a back seat to the “skinny”, we’ll see these pants paired with elegant blouses as the plunging necklines take center stage. We’ll also see a mix of “Mod” and “Equestrian” with the return of women’s tuxedo’s, leather jackets and vests (moto-chic), ornamented blazers, and patterned print (think houndstooth, gingham & plaid!). Penny Loafer pumps and thick heels are must haves RIGHT NOW, while pleats and fur will continue on thru winter along with shoe bootie. Lots to look forward too fashionista’s, hoping to see how these trends are styled at NY Fashion Week.
Items I will be purchasing in the near future include:
1. Ornamented Blazer/Striped Blazers — pic above (Ralph Lauren)
2. Cape Trench — can be found mostly anywhere (Asos, Banana Republic, NY&Co., etc…)
3. Red Wide Legged Pant — or red bottoms period! (Express, JCP’s, Sears, Limited still has red ankle pants)
4. Patterned — any and everything patterned printed! I have purchased a Dooney&Bourke with a similar pattern
5. Penny Loafer — without the penny, this is already on my radar for my Fall Nine West haul!